Warner Bros. debuts extended look at Zack Snyder's 'Justice League'

Yes, DC fans, I know Wonder Woman was good. The Patty Jenkins-directed stand-alone movie was an impressive feat of blockbuster filmmaking, seamlessly telling an incredible origin story for a famous character while also bringing a distinctly epic feel to the action. Gal Gadot and Chris Pine rocked, the setpieces were dazzling, and the WWI setting was awesome. Wonder Woman was a stone cold knockout. But that doesn't mean that DC is out of the clear just yet- there's still a long way to go before the DC Cinematic Universe is proven to be a consistent franchise. The next task will come in the form of this fall's Justice League, which is the direct follow-up to director Zack Snyder's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Snyder directed this film as well before leaving the project a few months ago due to a family tragedy, leaving Joss Whedon to finish. Justice League has generated widespread skepticism from all but the most avid DC fans, because while we're all excited to see these heroes team up on the big screen, there just seems to be a lack of vision in regards to this movie. With this weekend's San Diego Comic Con providing Hollywood with a chance to show off their best prospective films, Warner Bros. has released a four-minute trailer for the team-up movie. Check it out below!


I don't know, guys. I just don't know.

Lots of people thought that this Justice League trailer was spectacular. And I'm happy for them! That's terrific. And trust me- I want this movie to be a superhero spectacle for the ages. But I'm not even close to sold, and there are some elements in this extended look that I still can't get over. The villain looks almost identical to the antagonist in Wonder Woman, the visual effects look shoddy to say the least, and I'm not completely down with this insane tonal shift. But maybe this is a good thing. Maybe it's a positive that I have almost zero interest in this movie. I really didn't care about Wonder Woman for a good chunk of Warner's marketing onslaught, and in the end, that ended up being my favorite DC movie since Nolan's Batman finale. So who knows, maybe if I'm skeptical for the whole time, Justice League will blindside me. I'm hoping for a surprise, but I'm not banking on it. And plus, in the end we all know that anything bad in the movie will be credited to Zack Snyder, and all the good parts will be praised as the work of Joss Whedon. So yeah, can't wait to see the internet light itself on fire come November.

But hey! It's not all bad news. Look at this poster that Warner dropped yesterday. This thing is super dope. I'm gonna pretend that this overblown trailer doesn't exist and focus on the shiny poster.

Justice League hits theaters on November 17. Fingers crossed.


Poster: IMDB/WB

Comments