New trailers for 'Jurassic World' and 'Fantastic Four' give a better look at two of the summer's biggest films

Early last week, the new trailers for Ant-Man and Terminator: Genisys dropped, giving us a fresh new look at two major summer movie question marks. I wasn't overly impressed by the trailer for Ant-Man, but the Genisys spot piqued my interest and it generated a lot of conversation in the fanboy universe. Later in the week, we received teaser trailers for Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, both of which became almost national news stories. And now, with new trailers for Fantastic Four and Jurassic World, it's clear that April is the new month for studios to preview all of their upcoming blockbusters. First up is Fantastic Four, the superhero reboot that has been regarded with much skepticism in recent years. Fans were excited by the talent involved, but nervous about certain elements that had been revealed in plot details. The first full trailer debuted yesterday and you can check it out below:


I'm still not sold. That was my immediate reaction to this trailer, which does a good job of giving us an idea of the film's stakes, but is less successful in making the film look like a must-see. The chemistry between the four likable leads (Miles Teller, Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara and Jamie Bell) seems to be very good and I like the idea of re-shaping the origin story around a bunch of young whiz kids. But overall, this trailer just left a very "Meh" taste in my mouth. None of the visual effects seemed astonishing, and many have compared the look and feel to The Amazing Spider-Man, which feels like an apt comparison. Fantastic Four has a lot of potential, but I will certainly be going in with a lot of doubts. The film hits theaters on August 7, 2015. Next up is the second trailer for the highly anticipated Jurassic World. Check it out below:


This isn't a perfect trailer and I would arguably say that it isn't as good as the teaser trailer, but after the clip fiasco last week, this was just what I needed to get me excited for Jurassic World. Chris Pratt and Vincent D'Onofrio seem to fit their roles perfectly and I like where the plot is going. A manhunt for one giant dinosaur set in a major theme park? Count me in. This movie looks like one heck of a ride and I'm really hoping that Colin Trevorrow has delivered something special here. I'm very excited for June 12, which is the day that Jurassic World is set to premiere.


Image Credits: Screen Rant

Comments