New trailers debut for 'Ant-Man' and 'Terminator: Genisys'

There are three summer blockbusters that I'm still not completely on board with: Fantastic Four, Ant-Man and Terminator: Genisys. The former revealed an unconvincing teaser trailer a few weeks back and I'm still waiting to see more from the film. I like the cast, but I'm just not positive that it's going to be a must-see. Ant-Man and Terminator: Genisys have both been victims of terrible buzz, and although Genisys' first trailer was solid, I still remained skeptical (I also thought that the first trailer for Ant-Man was awful, even though many probably feel otherwise). The time is now for both of those films to change my mindset, as both Ant-Man and Genisys revealed brand new trailers today. First up, check out the trailer for Paramount's latest Terminator flick. Can this trailer turn the fan opinion on its side? Find out what I thought after the jump:


I've been a fan of the Terminator: Genisys marketing all along, but I've had many problems with what the film has shown us. And even though the film reveals some big secrets and plot devices in this trailer, I still think that there might just be too much going on in this film. The plot seems very scattered and the film's approach to the Terminator timeline might be way too confusing. I'm excited for this film, but I still have a few doubts. It'll be fun to see how Terminator: Genisys ends up turning out on July 1, 2015. Now, check out the second trailer for Ant-Man, which is set to debut on July 17.


Sadly, I gotta say, I'm still not feeling this one. There are a few things in this trailer that I really did like. I'm intrigued by the way that they're filming the action, and I believe that it could make for an interesting ride. Paul Rudd is very obviously channeling a Chris Pratt style for Scott Lang, which could end up working to his benefit. Corey Stoll could also make for a great villain and one of the more memorable baddies in the MCU. However, the film's tone seems to be all over the board and I don't really think Marvel knows what they want this film to be. I could be wrong, but for now, this was still not enough to get me excited. Ant-Man is directed by Peyton Reed with a cast that includes Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas, Michael Pena and Corey Stoll. The film debuts in theaters on July 17.


Image Credits: Screen Rant

Comments