'Kingsman: The Secret Service' moves to 2015, 'Poltergeist' moves to July

Today was a crazy and hectic day for release date changes and two of the smaller, yet equally interesting swaps were made over at Fox. I recently put Matthew Vaughn's Kingsman: The Secret Service at #7 on my "Most Anticipated for the Rest of 2014" list. Well, we can scratch that now. Fox has moved Kingsman from its original October 24, 2014 release date to February 13, 2015. Honestly, either date works fine for the movie. I'm just mad that I have to wait another four months to see it, because it looks awesome. However, Kingsman will have to compete in an extremely packed February that includes Fifty Shades of Grey, The Spongebob Movie, Jupiter Ascending, Mortdecai, Seventh Son and Hitman: Agent 47. Tough competition, but then again, there isn't anything quite like Kingsman in that market. It should do just fine.


Meanwhile, Fox also moved their remake of Poltergeist from its original February 13 slot to July 24, 2015, making it one of the premiere horror films of the summer. Gil Kenan, director of Monster House and City of Ember, is set to helm the film, and I can't say I'm excited for this one. Monster House is a really cool movie, but I just don't see the need for a remake of this film. Sam Raimi is producing, which is a good thing, but I will be very surprised if this ends up being even somewhat good.


Comments

  1. I love Colin Firth as an actor and as usual I enjoyed his performance. The movie was captivating, but disturbing when I got to one scene where the action of mass killing was synchronized to music (was the intent to glamorize ??) and this continued throughout the movie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment