Jamie Foxx to play Mike Tyson in biopic written by 'Wolf of Wall Street' scribe Terence Winter

Even though the biopic that is hitting theaters this weekend was disappointing (Get on Up- a promising film that ends up being a scrambled mess), I still love the genre and there's almost nothing better than a great one. That's why I'm excited for this film. I had no idea that a Mike Tyson biopic was in development, but it appears that one is and it's got one heck of a production team behind it. Oscar nominated Terence Winter, who wrote The Wolf of Wall Street, is set to write the script for a film about the life of professional boxer Mike Tyson. It is currently not known which period of Tyson's life the film will tackle, but it will likely be very R-rated and will look at the many aspects of Tyson's personality. But wait- it gets better.

Variety is also reporting that Academy Award-winning actor Jamie Foxx (Ray) will be playing Tyson in the biopic. Foxx's manager, Rick Yorn is producing the film. It currently doesn't have a distributor, but with Winter and Foxx already set, I doubt that it will be long before the film is with a major studio. This is very exciting news. I like Foxx as an actor and many love the script for Wolf of Wall Street. The pairing of Winter and Foxx could be fantastic and I bet that many Oscars could be in the cards for these guys. I'm excited to see it all play out. If it's too ambitious, it could be terrible, but I think that Winter and Foxx can keep it together. The Mike Tyson biopic will probably hit theaters in 2016.

Source: Variety

Comments