'Gone Girl' debuts intense new trailer

One of my most anticipated films of this year is Gone Girl, the new David Fincher movie based off of the popular book. I haven't read the book yet and I probably won't before the movie comes out, but I'm still really excited for this film. Gone Girl stars Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike, two great actors who can really do a lot with good material. The supporting cast also includes weird choices like Neil Patrick Harris and Tyler Perry, both of whom are interesting picks for a serious drama. And finally, Gone Girl is directed by David Fincher, who has directed so many brilliant films in the past (The Social Network, Fight Club). What more do I have to say? A few months ago, a fantastic teaser was released and it generated a lot of talk around the internet. Yesterday, a new trailer was released, which gives us a better idea of what to expect. Take a look:


Let me get this out of the way first: this trailer is not as good as the first one. The teaser played like a montage and it did a fantastic job. This new trailer was a bit weird. It felt confusing at times and it never gives a clear picture of what the story will be. However, the film still looks great and I know that Fincher will do a great job. This trailer really establishes the mood of the film and I like where it's going. We'll finally get to see this one for ourselves on October 3, 2014 when the film is released. All I can say is that I'm impressed so far.



Comments