Amazing teaser for Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Nightcrawler' debuts

Nightcrawler is one of my most anticipated films of this year and I just can't wait to see it. Jake Gyllenhaal has been on fire lately (his finest performance to date was in last year's Prisoners) and the story of a man who gets caught up in the world of freelance crime journalism in Los Angeles is endlessly appealing. The supporting cast, led by Bill Paxton, Rene Russo and Riz Ahmed isn't too shabby either. And although Dan Gilroy is a first-time director, I have confidence that his experience as a screenwriter will help him. This just looks like a very intriguing film and one that could definitely pick up some awards buzz. A viral teaser for the film appeared on the web recently. Check it out below:


This is an electric and weird teaser and it only takes my excitement to another level. Gyllenhaal looks perfect for the role and I love the tone and pace of the teaser. While I originally imagined a noir-esque film, this looks like it might be a dark comedy of sorts, which is very exciting. I can't wait to see how this film ends up. Nightcrawler hits theaters on October 17, 2014.

Source: Rope of Silicon


Comments