The trailer for Richard Linklater's "Boyhood" will blow you away

Amid all the action-packed extravaganzas and raunchy studio comedies hitting theaters this summer, there are also a few smaller films that I'm really looking forward to. One of them is Jon Favreau's Chef, which received solid reviews out of South by Southwest. The film looks like a nice, summery diversion and it has a strong cast led by Favreau, Sofia Vergara, Dustin Hoffman, Scarlett Johannson and Robert Downey Jr. Another small film that I'm looking forward to is Begin Again, which stars Mark Ruffalo and Keira Knightley as failing musicians who unite together. It looks pretty great. Snowpiercer and The Rover are also films that I'm looking forward to. They look darker than your usual summer action flick and were made by acclaimed directors. However, there's one film that I'm looking forward to more than any of those. That film is Richard Linklater's Boyhood. IFC Films released the trailer a few days ago. Check it out:



This film looks astonishing. There are not enough adjectives to describe how I felt when I watched this trailer. This movie doesn't come out for over two months and I already feel an emotional connection to it. For those of you who don't know the story, Boyhood was made over a span of twelve years. Richard Linklater cast Patricia Arquette, Ethan Hawke and newcomer Ellar Coltrane in 2002 and watched them grow over a span of twelve years. This film has been critically acclaimed and critics have said that it's a unique masterpiece that pretty much puts real life on the screen. The fact that a trailer can connect me to a film so much tells me that this movie will be great. I seriously can't wait to see this movie. Boyhood will hit theaters on July 11.




Comments