Paul Bettany to star as The Vision in "The Avengers: Age of Ultron"

If you thought that the cast of The Avengers was huge, just wait until you see the cast for The Avengers: Age of Ultron. The 2015 sequel stars Avengers stalwarts Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johannson, Mark Ruffalo, Samuel L. Jackson and Jeremy Renner along with a ton of new cast members. Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, Don Cheadle, Anthony Mackie, James Spader: they're all joining the cast. Now, The Daily Mail has a report that Paul Bettany will be returning for the sequel. Bettany played the role of Jarvis in the Iron Man trilogy and The Avengers, but now he's joining the sequel as the superhero known as The Vision.




According to The Daily Mail, Bettany was spotted at Shepperton Studios in London with Jeremy Renner and director Joss Whedon. The report says that the British actor will play The Vision in the sequel, although absolutely nothing has been confirmed by Marvel. The Vision is an android or cyborg of sorts. I really don't know that much about him, but in The Daily Mail report says that the character has been around since 1940. So, I guess he's been around for a while. 

I really can't say too much about the casting. I think that Bettany is a good fit for the role and The Vision is cool-looking superhero, but I would be lying if I didn't say that I'm a little worried about Age of Ultron. There are already a ton of characters in this movie and putting The Vision in it might even make it more crowded. In addition, I'm just guessing that some of the Guardians of the Galaxy cast members are going to be in the film as well. I'm just a little worried that they're going to overstuff this thing. There's already a lot going on. But in the end, I like the casting and am still excited to see the film.



Comments