Fantastic Four reboot casts Michael B. Jordan, Miles Teller, Kate Mara and Jamie Bell as four main characters

Fox is making a last ditch effort to get its Fantastic Four characters on screen to prevent the rights to reverting back to Marvel with a reboot from Chronicle director Josh Trank. After rumors swirled around for months, The Wrap has reported that Michael B. Jordan, Miles Teller, Kate Mara and Jamie Bell will be the stars of their Fantastic Four reboot, which is currently set for a June 19, 2015 release date. This is a superhero movie that I'm actually really psyched for, even though I never saw Chronicle. The cast is pretty spectacular and all four actors are very interesting choices.

Here's the casting breakdown for who will play each role:

-Miles Teller will play Reed Richard (aka Mr. Fantastic)

-Kate Mara will play Sue Storm (aka The Invisible Woman)

-Michael B. Jordan will play Johnny Storm (aka The Human Torch)

-Jamie Bell will play Ben Grimm (aka The Thing)

Like I said, I'm very excited about the cast for this film because all of them are promising young actors. Teller has appeared in The Spectacular Now and Footloose, two teen movies that I never saw. Teller has done mostly light roles, so I hope that he kills it as Richards and makes it dramatic enough. Kate Mara has appeared in House of Cards and 127 Hours and seems to be a good fit for Sue Storm. I'm excited about that pick as well. Michael B. Jordan is the most famous actor out of this group and I'm super excited about him playing The Human Torch, even though I never saw Chronicle or Fruitvale Station. I really need to see both of those. And finally, Jamie Bell has appeared in exactly one film that I have seen (The Adventures of Tintin) and I have to see that I'm not really excited that he's playing the Thing. I wonder if The Thing is actually going to be CGI this time and in that case, Bell might not be a bad choice. But for now, I can't say that I'm too excited.

This film and Ant-Man are two of the superhero movies that really excite me. I'm excited for Ant-Man because Edgar Wright is directing it and I'm excited for this one because I think that Josh Trank will do a great job and the cast looks phenomenal. I really hope that this turns out to be good. The Fantastic Four is set for June 19, 2015.

Comments