Release Date Shifts: "Warcraft", "Anchorman 2" shift dates, Bourne Sequel, "Heart of the Sea" and more set dates

I missed all of these release date shifts last week so I figured I would put them on the site quickly. Here we go:

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues- Paramount- December 18, 2013


Draft Day- Lionsgate- April 11, 2014

The Purge 2- Universal- June 20th, 2014

Jane Got a Gun- Relativity- August 29th, 2014

Dumb and Dumber To- Universal- November 14th, 2014

Untitled Michael Mann- Universal- January 16th, 2015

Seventh Son- Universal- February 6th, 2015

Heart of the Sea- Universal- March 13th, 2015

Friday the 13th- Paramount- March 13th 2015

Insidious Chapter 3- Focus- April 3rd, 2015

Max Mad: Fury Road- Warner Bros.- May 15th, 2015

Untitled Bourne Sequel- Universal- August 14th, 2015

The Jungle Book- Disney- October 9th, 2015

Mission: Impossible 5- Paramount- December 25th, 2015

Warcraft- Warner Bros.- March 11th, 2016

The Mummy- Universal- April 22nd, 2016

Alice in Wonderland 2- Disney- May 27th, 2016


So now that all that's out of the way, let's get down to my reaction. Anchorman 2 moving up two days is not a big deal to me. I'm very excited to see it, but two days is not that much of a difference. However, it does bump American Hustle back two days which makes me mad. Other films that I could care less about include Dumb and Dumber To, Seventh Son, Friday the 13th, Insidious 3, and Alice in Wonderland 2. The other films I have some interest in. 

Draft Day sounds like a fun, high concept comedy. It's about the NFL draft and has a solid cast. Sounds like an entertaining movie to me. The Purge 2 is interesting because I don't know where they'll go with it. I haven't seen The Purge, but I think that there's potential in the franchise. Jane Got a Gun is going to be an interesting mess, and a Michael Mann project is automatically interesting. The Jungle Book sounds cool as well, but Disney's live action stuff is quickly wearing thin. 

Now, I'm much more interesting in the few films that are left. Warcraft, with the right budget and director, has the potential to be fantastic. Let's hope it breaks that video game to movie streak that Hollywood has going. The Bourne sequel could go somewhere interesting with Justin Lin as well. I just don't know enough about it yet. And finally, I'm most excited for these three films: Mad Max: Fury Road, Mission Impossible 5 and Heart of the Sea. 

Mad Max could go two ways. It could end up like Star Trek (2009) or it could end up like Terminator: Salvation. Either way, it's interesting. Mission: Impossible 4 was great, so I can't wait to see where they're going with this one. And finally, Rush is my favorite of the year so far, so a re-teaming of Howard and Hemsworth for Heart of the Sea is very exciting for me. 

That's all for now, but I'm sure there are many more release date shifts to come. 

Image Credits: Filmeye, Bloody Disgusting, Total Film

Comments