2013: A Reflection

It's not often that we get a year like 2013. It's not often that we get so many movies that are so fantastic in one year. 2013 was an absolutely spectacular year for movies, and I've really only scratched the surface. There have been several films that I haven't yet seen like Her, Inside Llewyn Davis, Lone Survivor, Mud, The Place Beyond the Pines, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Mandela and many more. That's why my top fifteen list for the year will not be posted until January 12. I want to make sure that I see as many movies as I can, and not releasing the list until that day gives me time to see those films. However, even if all of those films that I listed are disappointing, 2013 still will have been the best year for film in a long time. From dramas like Rush and 12 Years A Slave to comedies like The World's End and American Hustle to action films like Star Trek Into Darkness and Fast and Furious 6, 2013 has been a great year across the board. 2014 needs to do its best. Because it'll need to be one heck of a year to top 2013.

I want to devote this post to everybody who's viewed The Movie Guru's Blog this year. It's been a fantastic year for this site, and it's grown exponentially over the course of the year. I've had a great year and I hope that you have as well. Thank you all so much for viewing this site. Happy New Year!




Comments