New Trailers: "Gravity" terrifies, "47 Ronin" impresses

I figured that I would post these two trailers as I am very much looking forward to both of these movies. Gravity is my most anticipated for the rest of the year and 47 Ronin could really be a good action film with a distinctive, fun style. Here are the trailers for Gravity (Warner Bros. released two):







I loved the second clip. Loved it. These really aren't trailers, they're clips. The second clip is everything I was hoping for in these movie. The intensity. The horror. The frighteningly shrill music. I loved it. The first thing that crossed my mind was 2001: A Space Odyssey. That's great company for any film to be in. The first trailer is impressive from a technical perspective, but it gets one thing wrong. To quote Roger Ebert, the beauty in 2001: A Space Odyssey, a film which Gravity will inevitably be compared to in my mind, is that the music exists outside of the film. It enhances it. That's why I thought that the second trailer really worked. The first trailer tries to make it thrilling, when it already is on its own. However, the second trailer had me really excited and I think that there is still more to come.

Now, here's the trailer for Keanu Reeves' 47 Ronin:


I liked it. I liked the look and the style. It looks fun. However, I'm just not sure if it isn't too weird for audiences. It looked a little too weird for me. Universal better market the heck out of this thing, because apparently it cost $200 million.

Let's hope that both succeed for the sake of big-budget sci-fi/fantasy!

Comments