The Most Exciting Movies of Summer- Essay

Most summers, I am super excited for the upcoming films. This year, I am excited, but not as much as I was last year with The Avengers or The Dark Knight Rises. Let's go through the films of summer and I'll tell you what is going on with them. The summer season officially starts off on May 3, when Marvel's Iron Man 3 opens. Iron Man 3 has grown into my most anticipated film of the summer, actually. I love the Marvel films and a new Iron Man film makes me really excited. The new tone of the series looks great and I think that Marvel is going to make a great superhero movie. The Great Gatsby is looking more and more like a trainwreck. I said that earlier and I will say it again. Melodrama doesn't get anywhere and the new trailer sealed the deal. I've lost all excitement for the film. Star Trek Into Darkness is frustrating me, but I'm still geeked for it. JJ Abrams is up to his usual secretive ways and the trailers have revealed little to nothing about the plot. It still looks very good and I can't wait for it. Fast and Furious 6 just looks like a ton of fun. It knows that it's dumb and stupid but it still looks like an awesome time at the movies. The Hangover Part III also seems to look that way. It looks like a lot of fun. On May 31 comes what I am hoping is one of the gems of summer, Now You See Me. It's a low budget caper thriller and I think that it looks very well crafted and it has a great cast. 

Moving on to June, After Earth looks kind of stupid. Honestly, if you're going to put a movie in the summer and call it an action movie: give me what I want. I want explosions. Now you need a good plot as well, but in summer, you really want explosions. After Earth looks like it will have neither and with M. Night Shyamalan aboard, I can't wait to bash it. The Internship looks funny, but not that good. Man of Steel needs to release a second trailer before I forget about it. I love everything about that film so far, but I want more footage! Give me a new trailer. Monsters University looks good. I hope it puts Pixar back on the right track. It does look original enough. World War Z looks awesome. That's one of the film's that I cannot wait for this summer. It looks like two hours of awesome action goodness. White House Down looks too serious and the first trailer did nothing for me. The Lone Ranger looks okay, but nothing special. Despicable Me 2 is my most anticipated animated film of the year. Pacific Rim looks like a stupid good time. It's a perfect summer movie from the looks of it. Turbo looks fun, but I don't know how it's going to compare to the rest of the summer films. The Wolverine looks really good and the style and tone look about right on that one. 

I'm not going to August, but I'll have my thoughts on that one in June, when the first month of summer is over.  
I'm hoping for a good season but I just don't know. I'm hoping that it's great. 

Comments