"The Great Gatsby" debuts new posters. Will this movie be any good?

I haven't really reported much on The Great Gatsby lately. But today at my favorite movie blog, Rope of Silicon, there were four new beautiful posters, all of which highlight the style of the film. Take a look.

That's only one of the four posters, but it should give you a good taste of what this film might be like. After a wonderful first trailer, I can't help but think that The Great Gatsby is going to be a disaster. I can't muster any excitement for the film at all. I want to see it, and I will see it, but it looks so melodramatic and overdone. I wasn't a big fan of director Baz Luhrmann's hyperkinetic Romeo + Juliet and while The Great Gatsby certainly looks more polished than that film, I can't help but think that it won't be good. We'll see when The Great Gatsby opens May 10.

Comments