Jennifer Lawrence joins all-star cast in David O. Russell's Abscam movie

Jennifer Lawrence has now worked with David O. Russell on Silver Linings Playbook and Bradley Cooper on that film and Serena (scheduled for release later this year), so it's no wonder that they now will work together again. Lawrence joins Bradley Cooper, Amy Adams (The Fighter), Christian Bale (The Fighter) and Jeremy Renner in a film that was previously known as American Bull****. Of course, that film will have another title but I think that it is a very intriguing title. The film was written by Eric Singer and David O. Russell and will be directed by Russell. Lawrence is going to play Christian Bale's wife in the film. It is going to be set in the 1970's and is about Abscam which to my understanding is an FBI operation that takes down a bunch of US Congressmen. I don't know much about the story but I think that it sounds like a great premise and this is going to be a 2014 Oscar contender in my opinion, maybe 2013, depending how fast they get the film into production. A difference between Silver Linings Playbook and American Bull**** is that it will be produced at Sony Pictures by Megan Ellison, who produced Zero Dark Thirty. This film sounds right up my alley and I hope that it is as great as it sounds. Look for this film to hit theaters in 2014 or 2013, I'm really not sure. But the sooner, the better in my opinion.


Comments