Surprise! 'The Cloverfield Paradox' will be on Netflix immediately after the Super Bowl

One of the biggest movie mysteries going into the Super Bowl this evening was the fate of the enigmatic third Cloverfield film. Would Netflix run a spot announcing that they had acquired Julius Onah's previously-titled God Particle from Paramount? Would there be radio silence from all involved parties? Was there going to be a new release date? Or better yet, was Netflix just going to destroy all the rules and release the film immediately? Well, after a vague tweet from Ava DuVernay and a breaking report from Deadline, we finally got the answers we've been waiting for during the Super Bowl.

Yes, Netflix has acquired the third Cloverfield film.

Yes, it's called The Cloverfield Paradox.

And yes, it'll be on Netflix tonight.

Watch the teaser below, and get ready to experience one awesome surprise.


Look who called it.

Not to brag or anything, but I think it's pretty impressive that I predicted this over a week ago. When DuVernay tweeted that something big was coming this evening, I couldn't imagine what it would be at first. But eventually, everything clicked in my brain and I realized that this was really happening. There isn't a whole lot to dissect from this footage, but then again, we're gonna watch this movie in less than two hours. I'm fascinated to see that there's seemingly a direct connection with the original film, which could provide something a little different than 10 Cloverfield Lane. But I'll be honest, I can barely contain my excitement about this whole thing. It's a perfect surprise by Netflix, and I hope that this becomes a trend in Hollywood.

I'll have a review up for The Cloverfield Paradox within the week. What a treat.


Image courtesy of Netflix

Comments