Super Bowl Trailers: Marvel reveals brief new look at 'Avengers: Infinity War'

In the midst of tonight's craziness, I almost forget that Marvel was almost surely going to drop some new footage from Avengers: Infinity War during the Super Bowl. The studio loves taking advantage of the biggest platform possible, as they've released TV spots during the big game for years now. In fact, I remember being at Disney World during the Super Bowl in 2012, watching the new footage for The Avengers as I waited in line for Mickey's Philharmagic. Marvel and Disney never waste an opportunity to get fans excited for their next big offering. Of course, with Black Panther already on the horizon and excitement through the roof ($200 million opening?), Marvel is jumping ahead to reveal a quick look at Avengers: Infinity War, the long-awaited third installment in the epic team-up franchise. Watch the 30 second spot below!


There's not a whole lot here, but there are plenty of buzz-worthy moments to keep Marvel fans at bay until the second full trailer arrives in late February or early March.

Spider-Man in space! Thor and Rocket! Cap's new shield! More Guardians!

I'm so excited. This is the culmination of the Marvel Cinematic Universe as we know it, and this third chapter looks so monumentally crazy that I can't believe this is only the beginning- a fourth and presumably final Avengers movie is only a year away. Infinity War has the potential to be almost too massive, but I'm confident that Joe and Anthony Russo can pull it off. This is the movie event of the year, and this is another brilliant look at what will likely be the most epic superhero film of all time.

Avengers: Infinity War will arrive on May 4. I won't be able to see it until May 7, so I'm going to disappear from the internet until I'm able to witness it for myself. But I'm pumped, guys. This one is going to be wild.


Image: Marvel/IMDb

Comments