Brief teaser debuts for Disney/Pixar's long-awaited 'Incredibles 2'

"I'm always beneath you, but nothing is beneath me!"

In the decade since Disney formally bought Pixar, the critically-beloved animation studio has noticeably increased their output of sequels. It's just part of the deal they made with the Mouse House, allowing for a balance of artistic integrity and brand power. Pixar has produced follow-ups to acclaimed classics like Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc., and even Cars, but for whatever reason, they never touched The Incredibles. The above quote is the final line from the 2004 sequel, spoken by the villainous Underminer, a character that served as explicit evidence that we would see more adventures with the superhero family. But even with a video game follow-up and a rabid fanbase, there was never any traction on The Incredibles 2 for far too long. But deep down inside, we knew it was only a matter of time. Just over 13 years later, the teaser trailer for the sequel has finally arrived. Check it out for yourself below!


Okay, so I'm not gonna lie, I was hoping for a little more from this trailer. Knowing the nature of Pixar's teasers, I was aware that we wouldn't be seeing a whole lot of footage from the actual movie. Nonetheless, after over a decade, I can't deny that I was hoping that the teaser would give me more goosebumps than it did. It's just a nice little title reveal and a brief comical scene, accompanied by that iconic theme song. It's good, but I guess my expectations were a little too high.

But I'm gonna use this opportunity to talk about just how excited I am for this film. For context, I was 6 years old when this movie came out. My birthday party that year was a screening of The Incredibles. I probably didn't watch it as much as I watched Toy Story as a toddler, but I know the characters and famous quotes of Brad Bird's brilliant superhero masterpiece like the back of my hand. The Incredibles is top-tier Pixar for me, and I'm ready to be reunited with Bob, Helen, Dash, Violet, and Jack-Jack. We've been waiting for this one. Bring it on.

Incredibles 2 hits theaters on June 15, 2018. That's pretty far away, but after over a decade of waiting, these next few months will seem like nothing.


Image: IMDB/Disney

Comments