Full trailer for Oscar favorite 'La La Land' is dazzling, jaw-dropping, and simply spectacular

La La Land is my most anticipated film for the rest of 2016. More than Rogue One, more than Fantastic Beasts, more than new films from Ben Affleck and Martin Scorsese, this is the movie that I simply need to see. I'm dying to see this film, and the fact that I've just barely missed out on multiple opportunities to see it is slowly eating at my soul. The Damien Chazelle-directed Hollywood musical played at the Toronto International Film Festival, but I headed home to Charlotte literally hours before it premiered. After that, Lionsgate took the film to the Savannah Film Festival, which is relatively close to me. Unfortunately, tickets sold out within 10 minutes and I ended up skipping the festival entirely. But it's okay- La La Land will open nationwide on December 16. I just have to keep telling myself this to stay sane. The buzz for this film is out of this world, it's directed by Whiplash wunderkind Chazelle, it stars Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, and it's the kind of film that we simply don't see enough of anymore. The two teaser trailers made my jaw hit the floor, and I simply couldn't wait to see more. Late last week, the full trailer for the film was released, and although I thought about holding out to preserve the experience of seeing La La Land in the theater, I caved and watched it. And then I watched it again, and again, and again, and again.......

Check it out below.


After consulting with my doctors and doing extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that this movie might physically kill me. I don't know if I'll be able to handle it. Watching this trailer makes me want to explode with joy. The last half of it is pretty much everything I love about movies shoved into one tiny colorful ball of happiness, and I just can't wait to see more. I'll be honest, the moment that La La Land started drawing comparisons to Singin' in the Rain was the moment that I knew this would be a movie for me. I love classic Hollywood, and I love the idea of a grand musical on a modern stage. I'm also a huge fan of romance films when they're done right, and judging by the buzz and this trailer, Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone's love story in this film will be one for the ages. Not to mention the fact that this film is coming from the guy who wrote one of the best movies of the year (10 Cloverfield Lane) and directed one of the best of the 21st century (Whiplash), a filmmaker named Damien Chazelle who is simply taking this town by storm. It looks marvelous, it's probably gonna win all the Oscars come February, and I just can't wait to see it. Honestly, if this post is incoherent at times, it's just because I'm struggling to put into words how psyched I am to see this thing. I'm ready for this movie. Bring on the tears and the good, old-fashioned Technicolor Hollywood euphoria.

La La Land will be released in select cities on December 9 before a nationwide release on December 16.


Image courtesy of Lionsgate

Comments