Jeff Bridges joins the cast of 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'

Kingsman: The Secret Service was one of the most pleasant surprises of 2015, a hyper-violent spy spoof that was everything I wanted it to be. There were plenty of secret agent movies that debuted last year (which culminated with the release of Spectre, the 24th installment in the Bond franchise), but I think Kingsman stood out from the pack in a lot of ways. It blended Tarantino-esque violence with debonair Bond iconography, emerging as a cross between Austin Powers, Roger Moore Bond, and Inglourious Basterds. On top of that, it's a really terrific origin story for Gary "Eggsy" Unwin (Taron Egerton), the South London kid who undergoes his own My Fair Lady-style transformation into a superspy for the iconic Kingsman agency. The film made $414 million worldwide, and without delay or hesitation, Fox greenlit a sequel and fans around the world rejoiced. There are so many possibilities for the future of this franchise, and I must say, I love what Fox is doing with this sequel so far.

Before yesterday, Kingsman: The Golden Circle already had an absolutely stacked cast. In addition to returning cast members Egerton, Colin Firth, Mark Strong, Sophie Cookson, and Edward Holcroft, The Golden Circle will also see Halle Berry, Channing Tatum, Julianne Moore, Pedro Pascal, and Elton John join the franchise. And if you thought that cast couldn't get any better, well, The Dude has something to say about that. Yes, that's right, Lebowski is joining the Kingsmen. Jeff Bridges announced on Twitter yesterday that he will be in The Golden Circle, playing an unspecified role. His tweet simply said "#Kingsman" and was accompanied by a character poster that said "The only Golden Circle I want vexing me is the one my glass leaves behind on the table." Bridges is a consistently great actor, and I have no doubt that he'll be great in this universe. Whatever Matthew Vaughn has in store with this sequel, I'm thinking it's gotta be something big. This cast is just too good. I can't wait.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle will debut in theaters on June 16, 2017.


Image Credits: Joblo

Comments