First trailer for 'Everybody Wants Some' previews Linklater's spiritual sequel to 'Dazed and Confused'

Summer is my time to catch up on movies that I've missed in the past, and this summer, one of the titles that I picked up and watched was Richard Linklater's high school classic Dazed and Confused. I knew that the movie starred several actors that would go on to be famous later, and I knew that people liked it (the film is a stalwart on any list of the best high school movies of all time), but I had no real clue of what to expect when I popped in the disc on a late summer night. What I witnessed was something honest and authentic, a grounded reflection of the aimlessness of high school. I don't necessarily have a lot in common with the characters in the film, but on a basic level, I connected with them. In addition to that, I loved the film's laid back style, and the way that it combined music and dialogue for a dreamlike experience. I was simply entranced by the film and it has since become a favorite of my mine. So when I heard that Linklater was making Everybody Wants Some, a spiritual sequel to Dazed and Confused and his 12-year epic Boyhood, I was in. This week, we saw the debut of the first trailer and poster. Check it out below.


This movie will be a classic in ten years. I can feel it. Richard Linklater has captured the atmosphere and the humor of Dazed and injected it into an 80s film. The characters, the music, the setting- it all feels so right. The use of "My Sharona" and "Everybody Wants Some" gives the trailer a wonderful backdrop, and I just love how I can already get a sense of the characters from just a brief slice of the film. In addition to that, if there's one criticism to be made about Dazed and Confused, it's that it can be emotionally shallow at times. Not to fear. Linklater seems to have injected some of Boyhood's emotional poignancy into this new film, which is even more reason to get excited. I can't wait to see how it all plays out. Consider this one of my most anticipated movies of 2016. Everybody Wants Some stars Zoey Deutch, Glen Powell, Wyatt Russell, Tyler Hoechlin, Ryan Guzman, Dora Madison, Blake Jenner, Jonathan Breck, Will Brittain and Courtney Tailor and will hit theaters on April 15, 2016.



Image Credits: Joblo

Comments