Spectacular final trailer for 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' incites fan frenzy

Well, after months and months of speculation, excitement and impatience, last week, the Star Wars community and the filmgoing community found what they were looking for- a final trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the most anticipated movie in history. I'm a little late on this due to my insane schedule, but I remember everything from that night in vivid detail. For me, a final Star Wars trailer had been in the back of my brain for a while. J.J. Abrams and co. whet our appetites with two terrific teasers, and on Sunday, October 18, Lucasfilm confirmed that a full trailer would drop with ESPN's Monday Night Football, accompanying the commencement of ticket sales. A new poster debuted for the film, and throughout the day on Sunday, brief teasers hit the web and played on all Disney-owned networks. Excitement was at a fever pitch and the fanboy community was foaming at the mouth, ready for everything that Monday would hold.

Monday arrived and I have to say, it was one of the longest days of my entire life. I'm usually pretty calm with the movie stuff, but this new Star Wars movie has tapped into my inner uncontrollable geek. School dragged on, and in the hours after, I watched Mississippi Grind (a fantastic little indie, review coming later) to pass the time. Finally, Monday Night Football began and so did the Star Wars insanity. Tickets on Fandango and Movie Tickets were supposed to go on sale in the immediate aftermath of the trailer's premiere at 10 PM EST, but it didn't quite work out that way. As soon as fans heard that the tickets were up, a wave of consumers flooded the ticketing websites causing widespread server failures. I was lucky enough to snag tickets to the 7:00 PM IMAX 3D showing for my friend and I, but others did not have the same success. Fans scampered to purchase any tickets that they could. In my area, 6 of the 15 opening night showings have already sold out nearly two months before the premiere; a virtually unprecedented number.

After the craziness of ticket sales, the moment that every Star Wars fan was waiting for finally arrived. The trailer. And it lived up to the hype. If you didn't contribute to the 112 million views or if you just want to watch it again, check out the trailer below.


I feel completely comfortable saying that this is one of the best trailers I've ever seen. The music, the imagery, the visuals, the voiceover- everything in this trailer is absolutely pitch perfect. After I initially watched it on ESPN, I immediately went and watched it about 50 more times online. It's almost addicting to a point, and it's so meticulously crafted and chill-inducing that I can't help but keep watching. This is the final trailer for the film and it's likely that we won't see many more images from The Force Awakens until its debut. The marketing campaign has done its job and the anticipation is now at an all-time high. Thanks to spoiler boards and other sites, I have a general idea of what the film's plot is, but I cannot wait to unlock all of the film's secrets on December 17. Star Wars: The Force Awakens stars Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Domnhall Gleeson, Gwendoline Christie, Andy Serkis, Lupita Nyong'o, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew and Max von Sydow and is directed by J.J. Abrams.


Image Credits: Joblo

Comments