Jamie Foxx in talks to play Electro in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2"

After a solid franchise starter in this summer's The Amazing Spider-Man, I would say that I'm hoping for somthing extraordinary in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. After telling the origin story, I think that there is enough there to get a great film out of the sequel. The news that Electro is going to be the villain is exciting. I think that having Electro will give the film somthing new and fresh and will help the film enourmously. The news that Jamie Foxx is in talks for the role doesn't excite me as much.

I think that if done right, Foxx's portrayal of Electro would be great. But I think that there are many ways it could go wrong. It has nothing to do with Foxx being African-American, I actually find that sort of exciting. But the Electro that I know from the comics is way different than the Electro I think that Foxx would portray. Jamie Foxx could end up surprising me though. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 hits theaters May 2, 2014.



Comments